Friday, May 21, 2010

Count me in!

Hi! It's Jeni! I'm finally back up and running, as my laptop decided to try to commit suicide. Thankfully, it did not succeed and I finally have it back so I can post on the blog. You can only do so many things on an iPhone. Blogging is not one of them.

So I am so excited to be part of this team. I put a team together earlier this year and went to register only to find out the race had sold out the week before. I was so sad, as I really want to do this. So...when Katie told me Erin needed an entire van to fill, I jumped at it. I'm so thrilled to be spending a couple of days with some of my favorite people. However, that also creates one of my biggest fears of the race--that we will still like each other when we are all through the blood, sweat and tears of it. As my sweet husband can attest to, I get just a tad onery when I'm over tired, so I hope my dear friends will disregard and forgive any comments I make at three in the morning. I just can't be responsible for my actions at that time. Tee hee. In all honesty, I'm not all that concerned about it. My other fear is running in the dark. I've never done that and frankly wild animals and bad guys scare me. I'll have to do a couple of practice runs in my familiar neighborhood.

I look forward to meeting all of you Van 2 girls. I can't say enough good about my bunkmates in Van 1. Each one is an amazing wonder woman whom I so admire, and not just for her athletic ability. Every time I think about this race, I grin and get almost giddy, I'm so excited. I'm not a strong or fast runner--maybe even the weak link. I have no desire to do a full marathon, although I've done two half marathons. If I feel good and can function after a run, then I'm successful, despite my time. I want to do Ragnar for the experience as a whole, just to say I did it.

Since you probably want some pictures of me and my cute family (I'm not biased or anything), here we go...


Karen and I after running a marathon relay last September. This is what got me wanting to do Ragnar, it was such a fun morning with just the girls.

Since everyone else has a running picture, here's one of me after a 10k in Midway. This actually was my worst race ever. It was so hilly, I could barely walk the rest of the day!


My "bosses" in our favorite Kauai.


They keep me wanting to do good throughout my day, keep me on my toes, but don't neccessarily keep me sane.












1 comment:

  1. I am excited to meet and run with you! Glad that you are doing it. Love the family pictures. Kauai would be a nice reward after this :-)

    ReplyDelete